Custom Search

Monday, January 5, 2009

Why Is Kebab So Unhealthy?


New research of fast food has shockingly revealed that a doner kebab contains the equivalent of a vine glassful of cooking oil, and other junk foods are not far behind. Dietitians claim that eating two of these high fat meals per week can result in a heart attack within 10 years.

Doner Kebab – Too Fat to Be True
Food experts at Hampshire County Council examined menus of popular fast food restaurants, including Chinese and Indian cuisine, pizzas, kebabs, fish and chips, and made worrying discoveries. Denise Thomas, head of nutrition and dietetics at Portsmouth Hospitals Trust, said she was shocked at the results. Lots of the dishes provided daily fat allowance in just one meal. One of the doner kebabs contained 111gr of fat, which is twice the entire fat allowance for one day.

Fast Food – Fat food
If this kebab weighs 400g, the fat content is a quarter of the whole meal. That, on its own, gives you 1000 calories which is equal to a wine glass of cooking oil. Most of kebab fat is saturated, meaning it increases cholesterol levels and thickens arteries.
Eating such food twice a week in addition to your regular diet is like a ticking bomb of congestive heart failure.




Is Junk Food Really That Dangerous?
Denise Thomas comments this the following way. “It depends on the diet you are maintaining. Seniors and people with sedentary lifestyle are less likely to get that fat out their bodies. It’s not a big deal if the rest of your diet is high in fruit and veggies. But if you eat pies, chips and fried foods for breakfast, you are moving directly to a heart attack within 10 years.”

So you’d better cook at home using healthy ingredients, instead of eating fast food killers.
(www.geniusbeauty.com)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

well. i think you're right. Junk food is bad for our healthy. I suggest, if you eat fast food then you must eat fruit/vegetables or juice too.

Anonymous said...

One of the most unhealthy ingredients of the duner is ketchup!

Colloidal Silver said...

Very interesting post, I didn't know the specifics.

Bingo sites said...

It's a pity, I like it so much :(

Call center said...

Thanks God I haven't eaten fast food since a long time ago.

talia p said...

Wow, I figured kababs wouldn't be very good for you, being somewhat processed and all but ewww! I didn't realize how bad they were.

That said, I watched The F Word, one of Gordon Ramsey's cooking hows and they compared living on McDonalds for a week vs Dutchy Originals "organic" food for a week and the girl on Dutchy's was less healthy than the one living on McDonalds.

That just goes to show that we really have no idea what we are eating, oftentimes the foods we think are the worst aren't as bad as what we think are the best. Crazy! Scary too when you think about it.

Health Tips said...

I like the persons that buys hamburgers, cheeseburgers and a lot of junk food and then drink a light cola to maintain their silhouette (they are really really funny).

acneskincare said...

what?? Really? I love kebab so much...but I guess I have to stop (reduce) eating it...hehe..

Nice info bro..

vaginoplasty said...

I am so pleased with this product. I don’t know how I ever worked without it. kebab is the most valuable business resource we have EVER purchased.

chin suregery said...

Thanks for all your help. I STRONGLY recommend kebab to EVERYONE interested in running a successful online business! It's exactly what I've been looking for.

paul said...

It's always the food you love best isn't it....

I really don't know where all that fat is hiding though, the majority of a donar is pitta and salad.

I know the meat is greasy but 111g, that's a lot.

Wisata SEO Sadau said...

but it tastes better than rice..
ha,ha

sartaj faisal said...

I think this may be better food for detains.

Diet Plan
,
Walk In Clinic
,
Healthy Diet Foods
,
Health and Medicine
,
Real estate blogs
,
JObs opportunities for us
,
Travel In Pakistan

Matt said...

Oh my gosh...I love Kebabs. I would have never expected them to be that unhealthy! :(

kris said...

what..
i can't believe it..

i like kebab.......

Doner Kebab said...

They also contain up to 3 times the daily recommended limit of salt.

asta45 said...

yang penting enak

mangosteen vemma said...

this one is great . thanks .keep sharing.

Stop Dreaming Start Action said...

I wanna try to eat Kebab.. ;)

detox diet said...

I will avoid Kebab from now on!

Finance Information said...

I though it's very healthy because consists of vegetables and meats, but if it is categorized as junk food of course it's not healthy anymore.

MINYAK ANGIN AROMATHERAPY said...

thanx for ur info.
it's a new information for me.
hehehe.

Urgent Health Care said...

I will agree that kebab is include in junk food and we should avoid our self with junk food.

Shisuka said...

Intresting, well I should find another food which is healthier.
thank you for sharing

sites:
http://pretty-healthylife.blogspot.com
http://beautyhealthspot.com
http://smart-phonecell.blogspot.com